Outdoor pool bookings begin
Select outdoor pools and wading pools are scheduled to open to the public as early as July 3, 2020, in accordance with the Province of Manitoba’s Restoring Safe Services plan.
Residents must pre-book their two-hour swim blocks in advance, as required by provincial public health guidelines, prior to arriving at heated or non-heated outdoor pools. Capacity at the outdoor pools will be reduced to help ensure social distancing guidelines are maintained.
Facilities set to open as early as July 3,within Fort Rouge East Fort Garry and city-wide, include:
- Broadway Wading Pool, 185 Young St.
- Dakota Wading Pool, 1188 Dakota St.
- Home Playground Wading Pool, 772 Sargent Ave.
- Kapyong Wading Pool, 340 Amherst St.
- McKittrick Wading Pool, 790 Rathgar Ave.
- Robert A. Steen Wading Pool, 980 Palmerston Ave.
- River Osborne Wading Pool, 466 Gertrude Ave.
- Sturgeon Heights Wading Pool, 210 Rita St.
- Walsall Wading Pool, 2099 Manitoba Ave.
- Kildonan Park Outdoor Pool, 2015 Main St.
Beginning July 1, 2020, residents will be able to pre-book their two-hour swim blocks by contacting 311 or through leisureONLINE.
Video tutorials are available on how to create a leisureONLINE account and how to register for an activity.
In addition the following heated pools are open for public swim blocks including Fort Garry Lions Pool 999 Dowker Ave; Kildonan Park 2015 Main; Westdale 550 Dale Blvd and more pending inspection!
Registration for swim blocks will become available as each amenity is approved to open. All facilities are inspected by Province of Manitoba health inspectors.
If you have any difficulties pre-booking please call the Fort Rouge East Fort Garry office 204 986-5878 and Councillor Rollins or Chas will assist you.